Chelsea Vs Burnley, The Blues Favorite for the Opening Hacker
Chelsea started the Premier League or the highest caste English League 2017-2018 season by entertaining Burnley at Stamford Bridge on Saturday (08/12/2017). Bhe Blues potentially gain a win that could be a good start for a title defense campaign.
No exaggeration puts Chelsea as a favorite. The data and facts that speak because of the last six meetings the visitors can never reach points from these London children.
However, it does not mean Burnley can be underestimated. In fact, this small team also beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge though not in the English Premier League. Burnley recorded a positive note in the 2008-2009 English League Cup after winning a penalty shootout.
In addition, Chelsea almost never fail when melakoni Premier League premiere. The Blue recorded the best team when appearing in the opening match in which they won 16 wins from 25 seasons in the Premier League era.
Compare with Burnley. Since beating Sheffield United in the 1973-74 season, they have always lost in the opening three of England’s highest caste competition and scored only one goal.
Here’s the data and facts Chelsea versus Burnley
1. Chelsea were unbeaten in the last six meetings with Burnley and it all happened in the English Premier League (4 wins, 2 draws).
2. The last time Burnley was able to beat Chelsea took place in the 2008-2009 English League Cup through a penalty shootout at Stamford Bridge.
3. In the last eight away games against Chelsea in the Premier League, Burnley has not won since April 1971.
– Chelsea Facts:
1. Chelsea are the best team in terms of playing English Premier League opener. In 25 seasons in the Premier League era, the Blues won 54 points from 16 wins, six draws and three defeats.
2. Chelsea have gone through 18 games without defeat in the English Premier League opener since the Coventry midweek in the 1998-1999 season (15 wins and 3 draws).
3. Chelsea won 21 of the 23 home games in the competitive arena under the direction of Manager Antonio Conte. Two defeats of The Blues at Stamford Bridge got from Liverpool and Crystal Palace with a score of 1-2.
4. Alvaro Morata’s goal conversion rate of 27 percent in the 2016-2017 season with Real Madrid is the highest of any striker who scores 10 goals or more in La Liga Spain.
– Burnley Facts:
1. Burnley always suffered the defeat of three Premier League opening matches and scored only one goal.
2. Burnley’s last victory in the English Premier League opener occurred in the 1973-1974 season when he beat Sheffield United.
3. Burnley has only won twice from the last 16 games in competitive matches in the 2016-2017 season. Sean Dyche’s managing team’s team suffered nine defeats.
4. Burnley has a record as the fourth worst team in terms of producing goals in the Premier League season 2016-2017.